Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lasik

So I got Lasik surgery on Saturday, February 21st. I was pretty nervous because come on they are doing surgery on your eyes. I know that they have perfected it and there is a small chance that something can go bad but what if you were the small chance. Plus my left eye was so blind that it took longer to run the laser on it. Also Charles was not my idea of comfort. He sat in the room with me while I was waiting joking about that when he runs lasers they can cut through metal. But it was okay because they gave me Valium before the surgery to calm me down. The surgery itself did not take long. Before the surgery they put I think 5 different eye drops in your eyes. They stung and it was not very comfortable. They surgery was the easiest part. After the surgery, I was so loopy from the Valium. The doctor came in to talk to me but all I heard was blah, blah, blah. Good thing Charles was there, he did do a good job of listening to all the instructions. We got in the car and all I wanted was a hamburger. For those that don't know me, I am not a huge fan of hamburgers, but I wanted one so bad. So Charles drove to Whataburger and got me a hamburger and onion rings. When we got home, I ate that whole hamburger which is very weird because I can never eat a whole one. As soon as I got done, I went to bed and slept for I am not too sure. Now with the Lasik that doctors do now, you can see nearly as soon as they are done. I didn't get to do that one. I had to have the other Lasik that takes longer to recover from. I still can't see perfectly yet but the doctor says that it is normal and it gets better and better. Problem was I had to lay in bed for 3 days with nothing to do. I couldn't watch TV or read a book because it hurt my eyes and you can only sleep so much. So Charles said to download a book from iTunes. I ended up downloading 2 but it was worth the money because I could keep my eyes closed but not be bored to tears. Cassie didn't handle it all well. Her whole schedule was thrown off and she didn't get to have as much mommy time. She is very clingy right now since I have been up. I can actually drive now which is good because it was hard catching a ride to work and back home.
It is weird not wearing contacts or glasses. I still wake up every morning looking for my glasses and when I go to bed I try to take my contacts out. As soon as I can see much better it will be so worth it. The only thing I have trouble seeing right now is distance. Which I know my eyes are getting better because I can read a book again without my eyes hurting. It was expensive but Charles even said that it was worth it because my contacts and glasses are so expensive so it will pay for itself in a couple of years. All in all I know I will forget the all the bad and remember the good because I will be able to see the good everyday.

1 comment:

amanda said...

Wow I am so proud of you for going through with it! I can not imagine how bored you were for 3 whole days...I would been climbing the walls too. Now that you have had it done maybe I can convince Will to save the money for me to do it too. I think it would be awesome to just throw my glasses in the trash!