Monday, March 30, 2009

Henry 1999-2009



Henry went to kitty heaven this morning. I got him in '99 when I moved into my apartment in Lubbock. I wanted to name him Bob because I love the name Bob but Amanda said his name should be Henry because he looked like an English gentleman. He was so small, he fit in the palm of my hand. He loved sleeping in bed with me, right next to me on the other pillow like he was human. When I got married to Charles he would crawl between us and push Charles out of bed because that was his place. He has been through so much with me. A number of boyfriends and then finally Charles. I moved him so many times and it never fazed him. He always just went with the flow. I had Cassie and he was never mean to her. When she first started walking, she would grab his tail and he would pull her around the house. She could hit or pull his fur and he just laid there and took it. He hated Charles so much and the feeling was mutual. It was actually kinda funny. I am going to miss him so much. I will always remember him and how he always wanted to lay right on top of me even though he was 22 pounds of muscle. I love you Henry and you will always be my baby.

1 comment:

amanda said...

Kara I am so sad for you right now. Henry was a great cat and he knew that you loved him. I wish that I could say or do something to make you feel better. I am so sorry.