Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Henry

OK so I have to make a big decision. After I paid out the nose to have 8 of my cats teeth pulled, the vet told me he has feline diabetes. So I looked it up online to see what I was going to have to deal with. First I have to have him tested again since they tested him during his surgery. That is around $100 for the testing. Then there will be insulin that I have to give him everyday. That is $50 a bottle. The bottle could last up to 3 months but until they get him regulated I will keep having to buy bottles at $50 a pop. Then I have to buy a blood checker for $50 plus strips so that I can test him everyday. Then lastly I have to buy special food and I have no idea how much that is. Can I do this, can I pull money out of places I don't have? Can I deal with a two year old and a sick cat? What if I have another child? But can I put him down, do I have the strength to put my baby who I have had since he was six weeks old down? Every time I think about it I start to cry. I have prayed about this but I still don't have a clear answer. Pet lovers are going to be the only ones who understand what I am going through. If you are reading this and are a praying person, please pray that I will know what to do. I am making myself sick over this and need to make a decision soon.

1 comment:

amanda said...

I'm praying for you. SO sorry that you are having this.