Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sick Cat

My cats is very sick. Henry is about 10 years old and has always been a big cat. He was 22 pounds in his prime. Charles and I noticed the other day that he looked like he had dropped some weight. Well he has, he is now down to 16 pounds. That is significant weight loss in a cat. The vet looked and said he had an infection in his mouth. His teeth are rotting out of his head and causing an infection in his mouth. So I asked how much is it going to cost to pull the bad teeth and get rid of the infection. She told me the high price would be around $1000. Holy crap, I don't have an extra $1000. So then she said that we would just have to put 30% down. That is still $300 which I don't just have an extra $300 laying around. I have a house payment, a car payment, a daycare payment and a daughter and husband who insist on eating. I tried to get them to quit for a little bit but they won't. They are so selfish. So now I have to come up with $300 so that my cat doesn't die. I can't get him to keep any food down. He just keeps throwing all his food up. I just want to cry. I love my cat but I have to buy groceries and pay bills. Of course the vet looks at you like lets just set up the appointment and I am like if I had an extra $300 I would cut my throat and die rich. The only thing that would make this worse if it had happened around Christmas. At least there is that. I am going to have to go get a second job to pay for my cat. OK I got that off my chest. Please pray that God will give me an epiphany.

No comments: