Monday, January 31, 2011

Feeding Baby

When I had Cassie 4 years ago, I said I was going to breastfeed her for as long as I possibly could. I was so sad when I only got to breastfeed for about 3 months. There was nothing wrong with my milk, the problem was finding a place at my job that I could pump. There was no good place. Plus I was so busy that my boss, who is a woman, made me feel bad about taking a break to pump. I thank God nearly everyday that I work someplace different and that I will be able to pump as long as I want to. I felt so guilty having to give up breastfeeding even though everyone told me not to. With this baby, I have my own office and a boss (who is a man) who will not make me feel guilty. Everything about this next baby will be different. I have a much better job, as does Charles (he was working nights when Cassie was born). No one will make me feel guilty for taking maternity leave (obviously my last job was a nightmare) and we also have our own house (when Cassie was born, we were living with Charles parents saving up for a house).

I can't wait till I have this next baby. Everything will be so much easier. Charles will be home every night to help me, I will only work 4 days a week and my work schedule will be from 8:30am-4:30am and it is the second baby so I already know how to take care of one. I am not saying I was not excited to have Cassie, I was super excited to have Cassie and she is still the light of my life, but I feel this baby will not be so stressful. With Cassie, I was by myself because Charles worked nights and the first 2 months, we lived with his parents and my work was horrendous and I hated going. I can't wait till we can find out the sex of the baby. That way Charles and I can really start fighting over names :-)

No comments: