Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thyroid

Went to the doctor today for blood work and routine checkup. I have to go in for blood work more than most pregnant women because I have hypothyroidism. This means my body does not make enough thyroid. As long as it is under control then everything is wonderful but pregnancy make my thyroid go crazy. When I was pregnant with Cassie, they wouldn't even give me a prescription because they were having to change the dosage so much. With this one, I have gone 17 weeks without having to change the dosage but that ended today. They had to up the dosage. I was so hoping I could go this whole pregnancy without having to change my dosage but I guess no luck. I had to deliver Cassie 2 weeks early because my thyroid caused her to quit growing, I was hoping it didn't happen with this baby. I don't know why I am so down about it, I guess I was hoping my thyroid would not get in the way like it did last year. I am still praying I can go full term and not have to be induced. I would like to see what going into labor feels like.

On another note, March 4th is when we find out if we are having a boy or a girl!!

No comments: