Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Speaking

My mother's church is have a Women's Retreat on Sept 17-18. She has asked me to speak at the retreat. I hate speaking in public. I get so nervous and flustered right before. The whole weekend is titled "My Heart-Christ's Home." My part of the home is the hall closet. How we tend to hide things away in our lives like we put stuff in closets. I was very nervous about speaking because I had no idea what I was going to say. Last night we had a meeting to go over the weekend and have a time of prayer. Last night in bed, before I went to sleep, God told me what I needed to speak about. It was so amazing, I did the whole speech in my head while laying in bed. I should have gotten up and just typed it all but I was tired and to in awe that God would make it flow like it did. I am nearly excited about the weekend now, I say nearly because it still involves speaking in front of a bunch of women. If you are a woman and reading this blog and live in the Midland/Odessa area, please come to the retreat at First Southern Baptist Church in Gardendale, TX. It starts Friday, September 17th at 6:30pm and end Saturday afternoon. My cousin, Krista, will be leading the worship and she has an amazing voice. Food will be provided and all you have to do is show up. It should be an amazing weekend.

No comments: