Tuesday, August 3, 2010

House for Sale

Finally I have something fun to blog about. So Charles and I agreed that we both want to move into a bigger house. This is HUGE for us because Charles hates moving, like makes himself sick with just the thought of moving. So we had a Realtor come look at it. One good thing about Facebook is that you get to find people you went to High School with. Well on FB I found Wayne Dunson. We weren't best friends or anything in high school but I did know him and remembered what a nice guy he was. I also knew from FB that he was a Realtor. So I asked Wayne to come and check out the house. He was actually impressed with everything we have done. Charles and I may despise the house because it is too small but we have put a lot of work into it. So the next week Wayne came back and told me he wanted to try to sell it for $105,000 which is great because we bought the house at $90,000.

That is when the fun started. We had to get the house ready to sell. We had to rent a storage unit to put a bunch of furniture in it so that the house would look bigger. Then we had to finish the kitchen FINALLY. Why is it you put stuff off until you try to sell it? Then we had to repaint the trim and fix stuff on the outside. Both Charles and I were so tired of dealing with repairs but we got it finished. Here is the house if you want to buy it. :-) It is a good house, it is just too small for us who love stuff.

Like I said in the last post, we already found our house. It is an older house but Charles loves older houses with character. I would love a new home but Charles hates cookie cutter houses. I just want one I don't have to work on. Yes this house is old but it is big. It has two living rooms and a HUGE laundry room which I would love. Man I am old to talk about loving a laundry room. Has 3 bedrooms that all have walk in closets. Now the bathrooms, on my. The guest bath is PINK!!! Pink tile, pink tub and pink toilet, but as Charles says, it can be fixed. Of course Cassie will LOVE it. I wish the master was bigger but Charles says we can add on later cause it is on an outside wall.

Now we are going to be good and look at other houses so that we know for sure this is our house. I have prayed every night that it is God's will that he allows us to sell ours and let us get the Boulder house (as we call it).

1 comment:

amanda said...

Good luck...hope it goe fast for you guys. Where is the address of the house you guys are wanting?