Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Bush in Midland

I don't care if you like President Bush or hate him, but when a President of the United States of America comes to your town, you go see him. I happen to like Bush. I don't care if you don't like him, this is not a forum to discuss how much you hate Bush. So my mom and I went to join the 30,000 people to welcome Bush home. Let me tell you it was packed. Here are some pictures of the crowd.


Does that look like 30,000 people?

Here is a picture of mom and I while we wait.

Here is the plane carrying President Bush and Mrs. Bush.

Good zoom on the camera because he was on top of a building.


Finally we got to see President Bush and Laura Bush.

The whole experience was a once in a lifetime thing. It was worth standing up for 2 1/2 hours. My back was killing me when we got back to the car but it was fun. I wish Cassie had been old enough to understand what was going on but it would not have been fun to take her and deal with. Oh well at least I will have the pictures.

2 comments:

amanda said...

How awesome! I am so jealous!

Anonymous said...

I like George Bush, also, but I'm not much into crowds. I saw enough of the chaos from the second floor of our building several blocks west of Centennial Plaza. When I headed back to Odessa after work I was amazed to see all the people lined up on Wall Street and along Highway 80 as if they were waiting to see a parade so I decided I might as well pull over too. I stopped just east of the airport and, lo and behold, here came the plane from the south and flew in for a landing just west of where I was so I got a really good look at it (and a picture with my iPhone) and saw the motorcade pass on the way towards Midland. Couldn't tell which vehicle the President and First Lady were in, but I figured it was as close as I'll probably ever come to a President!